The COA is seeking qualified educator practitioner and educator administrator onsite reviewers to conduct visits to educational programs to assess programs’ compliance with the COA’s Standards for Accreditation.
Individuals spending 40% or greater of their time in the practice of anesthesia (actual administration of anesthesia, clinical supervision/instruction of students, related clinical activities). Please refer to Onsite Reviewer Survey below.
Individuals spending 60% or greater of their time engaged in administration, classroom instruction or miscellaneous activities other than the practice of anesthesia. Please refer to Onsite Reviewer Survey below.
- Master’s degree and/or higher from institution of higher education accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency
- CRNAs: current certification/recertification and current AANA membership
- Anesthesiologists: current certification by the American Board of Anesthesiologists or its equivalent and current membership in a professional anesthesia organization
- Active involvement and evidence of support of nurse anesthesia education and practice within last three years
- Involvement in a successful accreditation process within his/her own program through self-evaluation and onsite review
- Knowledge of student application process for certification
- Evidence of support for policies and procedures established by the Council
- Member of academic community with educational involvement
- Curriculum development experience
- Knowledge of professional accreditation or recognition agencies (e.g., The Joint Commission; U.S. Department of Education; the CHEA)
- CRNAs – current membership on: Board of Directors of AANA, NBCRNA, or AANA Foundation; executive staff of AANA, NBCRNA, or AANA Foundation
- Anesthesiologists – current membership on: Board of Directors of ASA or NBCRNA; executive staff of NBCRNA; accreditation or certification agencies for anesthesiology or related specialties
- Non-CRNA/Non-anesthesiologist – current membership as Public Director of the Council
To apply, email the information listed below to the COA by December 15, 2020, with subject line: OSR Application to [email protected].
- Letter of intent indicating: rationale for wishing to serve as a team onsite reviewer; active involvement and evidence of support of nurse anesthesia education and practice within the last three years; involvement in a successful accreditation process within a nurse anesthesia program through self-evaluation and onsite review.
- Current curriculum vitae (resume).
- Official transcript directly from the institution of higher education from which your highest degree was received.
- At least one letter of recommendation from one of the following: CEO of the COA, program director, consultant, or chair onsite reviewer.
- Applicant for Onsite Reviewer Survey – click here
Only complete applications will be considered.