The Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) is seeking nominations for a CRNA Educator Director. Candidates must be available to attend three-day COA meetings, held in January, May, and October, in addition to an orientation meeting on October 22, 2024. The January meetings will be held in a virtual format. The May and October meetings will be held in Rosemont, IL. The term of office is three years, beginning Fall 2024 through Fall 2027. Elections will be held at the COA’s Spring 2024 meeting. The individual appointed would be eligible for reelection for an additional three-year term. COA directors are reimbursed for meeting expenses.
- Holds one or more graduate degrees from an institution or institutions of higher education accredited by a regional accrediting agency.
- Holds certification or recertification as a nurse anesthetist.
- Has current experience as an educator and/or administrator in a nurse anesthesia education program.
- Successfully completed the Council’s accreditation process through self-evaluation and onsite review.
- Is actively involved in the profession, as evidenced by activities such as:
- Attendance at the Assembly of Didactic and Clinical Educators.
- Attendance at professional nurse anesthesia meetings.
- Completion of professional anesthesia continuing education offerings.
- Election or appointment to a position in professional nurse anesthesia organizations.
- One CRNA educator position must be a CRNA program administrator.
To apply for the CRNA Educator Director position, e-mail the following by March 15, 2024, with the position title as the subject line to email@example.com.
- Signed Letter of Intent to Serve (Include comments on your association with an accredited nurse anesthesia program, if any, as well as a statement of your commitment to the COA’s Values. The COA’s Values are listed on the “About COA” webpage.)
- Signed Letter of Recommendation
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Biographical Form – click here to open the biographical form
All applications must include all of the documents listed above, only complete applications will be considered.